Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays!



Today I continue in the theme of freedom.  I have spoken of how I am thankful for our fundemental freedoms, how I am grateful to be free of worshipping at the alter of the almighty dollar, and today I am grateful for personal freedom.

I was in an abusive marriage as a young woman, and with God's help was freed from it almost 30 years ago.

Is there something that is holding you back from a full relationship with Christ? 


Reachout to him, and he will help you! 



SHACKLES

The shackles no longer held her down,
 The chains, forever gone.
Her life for the first time in years, was now all her own.
Three small lives, scared and unsure, now looked up to her
The shattered dreams, spirit and heart, with the wind had flown.
Picking up the pieces, to begin again,
To face the world anew and try to hide the pain
Heavy was her load, Carrying those she loved,
She prayed daily to the heavens, for guidance from above



Making it through, day by day,
Mending her heart in so many ways.
The years flew by, so very fast,
The children grown at last
The distance traveled, immense it seemed
Could never replaced once shattered dreams
Not alone but lonely, in her world so sad
Only a dream to share, All the love she never knew she had
Their paths had been the same Those paths had not yet crossed.
God’s will was yet to be done
Soon two hearts would become one.

©Kitty N Roy  1990


One Year

1.         Perhaps today I love you and the world.
            Yet Tomorrow I shall love only you.

2.         Jealousy – a clouded heart - to a darker clouded sky.

3.         What are the clouds but a mist flourishing from our hearts?

4.         They painted you black; however all I see is sunshine.

5.         Justice: We are judged, some condemned, some guilty, you sleep in shadowed consciousness and dark guilelessness.

6.         The pleasant greeting: We meet and stand together.  I gaze into a mirror and see my image, and you are gone.

7.         Take naught for granted: For it will take from itself.

8.         What’s mysterious about the moon?  One side is light and one side is dark; yet all its observers are all dark.

9.         The vexed and unvexed heart: both laugh and both cries.

10.       Our slumber is our dream; our awakening a memory.

11.       Puzzling: Some question their own love, the same question others.

12.       The closer I look at you, the closer I see myself.

©1998, Gary B. Roy

1 comment:

  1. Both touched my heart Kitty. I love ya girl. Your such a blessing to my heart..Gary too.

    ReplyDelete