Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays!

     Today I am thankful for my job.  Even though it is not in my chosen field, I am grateful to be working, to be out there, to be a shining light for Christ.  It provides Gary and I with a few extra dollars, that we would not otherwise have.  My discount card, helps to stretch that dollar just a little bit farther.  My job is just that, a job, and my Mother taught us all, no matter if you dig ditches,


clean toilets,


sweep floors, 



or have an office job,




do your best, and be proud of the work you do,
 knowing
where ever You are, whatever You do, You are a beacon for Christ,





and your actions at work, should show just that. 


Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,
1 Thessalonians 4:11
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you,
2 Thessalonians 3:8
nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.
2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
1 Corinthians 15:58 (New International Version, ©2011)
 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post for today. Our jobs do not make us who we are. The light that shines from inside each one of us makes us who we are. Very unique individuals.

    ReplyDelete