Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays!

          This tuesday, I am thankful for:
  yard sales,

garage sales,

rummage sales,

and bartering! 
          Gotta love being able to barter.  Over the past few years, my hubby and I have gone to yard/garage/rummage sales every saturday morning (that I am not working) from spring to fall.  Over the Holiday Season, we go to Christmas bazaars, etc, with one sole purpose:  FIND A GREAT DEAL!

       Some of our Yard sale treasures....

                                     several elephants  for my collection,  from 5cents to 3 bucks ((all but the big one, which was a Christmas gift,))  (not all shown here, I have over 400 elephants of which about 300 are from yard/garage sales)




               This past Saturday, an entertainment unit, for 3 bucks! We offered them 10 dollars, if they would deliver it, as it was too large to fit in our car.  They not only delivered it, but carried it up to our 2nd floor apt.! 


                                          a sofa bed (50 bucks),


                                                 a rocker recliner (10 bucks)

     

as well as several kitchen appliances, a framed signed print of a John Berg painting, delft blue candlesticks, lamp, duck, rare Albums/cassettes/CDs  for Gary's music collection, electronic equipment (a 5 cd carousel), lighthouses for Gary's dad, two carpets, a bathroom spacesaver cabinet, several glass enclosed wall mounting cabinets(for my elephants), numerous books, toys for my grandsons, my entire christmas village collection, christmas decorations, and clothing. 

     So I say THANK YOU  to those folks who are willing to part with usable items, in good repair, at reasonable prices, so that others may reuse them.  I also "Freecycle"  meaning anytime I bring in a new large item, I always give away the item it replaces, if I cannot reuse it for a different purpose.

     May God bless, and Happy Yard saleing!

Kitty


    

No comments:

Post a Comment